Plastic tax overview
The EU Green Deal and circular economy action plan.
EU Green Deal
Achieve Climate neutrality by 2050 by transforming EU economy and society.
To get there, all 27 EU Member States pledged to reduce emissions by at least 55% by 2030.
EU Circular Economy Action Plan
One of the main pillars of the EU Green Deal, it contains the directive on single use plastics. As per last proposed revision from 30 November 2022: “all packaging on the EU market must be reusable or recyclable by 2030”.
EU Plastics Strategy
It’s a key element to reduce emission (55% by 2030), and it aims to transform the way plastic products are designed, produced, used and recycled in the EU. How?
• New rules on packaging to improve the recyclability of plastics and increase the demand for recycled plastic content.
• Improving the separate collection of plastic waste.
• Launching an EU-wide pledging campaign targeting industry and public authorities.
• A Directive on single use plastic products and
• Working with our international partners to devise global solutions and develop international standards on plastics.